"When children and young people participate in active play this can boost physical activity in many children and young people, especially if they live a sedentary lifestyle. Being active helps them develop fundamental movement skills such as coordination and balance, can assist in their mental health and burn off calories."
Play Scotland, 2020
At Danesholme Infant Academy we actively promote Outdoor Learning.
- Collect leaves in your garden and then try to identify them by researching them online.
- Bird watching in your garden – can you draw a picture of one of the birds you have seen.
- Go to the park - if it safe to do so.
- Have a picnic in your garden - wrap up warm
- Play catch outside with an adult, or have a snowball fight.
- Play I Spy outside.
- Plant the seeds from a fruit you have eaten
- Ride your bike.
- Sit outside with an adult and look at the stars at night - remember your blankets and hats.
- Take a walk in the woods.
- Wash one of your toys (bike, skateboard, scooter)
- Stand outside in your garden and record the different sounds you can hear.
- Create a picture from leaves and grass
- Splash in a puddle with your wellies on
And above all enjoy learning outdoors.